- Ask if the person (or parent) knows where their written asthma action plan is.
- Ask if they have used their written asthma action plan because of worsening asthma.
- Ask if the person (or parent) has had any problems using their written asthma action plan, or has any comments about whether they find it suitable and effective.
- Check that the medication recommendations are appropriate to the person’s current treatment.
- Check that all action points are appropriate to the person’s level of recent asthma symptom control.
- Check that the person (or parent) understands and is satisfied with the action points.
- If the written asthma action plan has been used because of worsening asthma more than once in the past 12 months: review the person's usual asthma treatment, adherence, inhaler technique, and exposure to avoidable trigger factors.
- Check that the contact details for medical care and acute care are up to date.