Developing Version 1.3
Version 1.3 is the third minor update of the Australian Asthma Handbook Version 1.0.
In considering priorities for review in development of Version 1.3, the Guidelines Committee took into account:
- user feedback following publication of previous versions, including clarifications and corrections
- the recent publication of relevant resources and guidelines.
Due to the limited scope of the review, the Guidelines Committee acted as the working group for all topics.
Evidence gathering and recommendation development
The amendments to existing recommendations and the development of new recommendations were subject to the same standards of recommendation development:
- developed based on limited structured literature searches
- the adaptation or adoption of recommendations in existing guidelines
- formulated based on the findings of published systematic reviews
- where insufficient evidence was available, developed by consensus
A summary and detailed list of the amendments made for Version 1.3 can be found on the editions and updates page.
The development work was undertaken in consultation with the Handbook Secretariat between March 2017 and December 2017.
The Australian Asthma Handbook Version 1.3 was published online on 5 December 2017, alongside the accompanying printed Australian Asthma Handbook: Quick Reference Guide Version 1.3.